Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Plan for the Day. . .

Yesterday Erik said that he wanted to do something "fun" with the boys today (Saturday). Well, he woke up this morning with a little less enthusiasm. This is due partly to the fact that he has a virus, but mostly it is due to the fact that it is December and the thought of going anywhere to do anything with four children in the midst of all the craziness of Christmas shopping, etc. is enough to make even the strongest of us feel weak and powerless.

So, this is the way the day is playing out. . .

Erik is outside with the big boys. The big boys dressed themselves in adventure garb ~ complete with backpacks and boots. They are pretending to be in search of adventure in "Texas" because Texas is equivalent to the ends of the earth in their sweet minds! They do this from time to time. Erik walks with them, guiding them in their pursuit. They look for animals of all kinds from spiders and worms to turkey and deer. . . It is great fun as they search our property for all the wonders that little boys can find.

This, to them, is much more "fun" than Chucky Cheese or the park or anything else that Erik could have come up with to do today.

And, as for me, I have been left in a quiet house with two sleeping babies. I am in the process of putting together lasagna for dinner, listening to Christmas music, straightening up the downstairs, and playing on the computer all the while sipping cream colored coffee! I couldn't ask for a better Saturday!!

And, the plan for the afternoon/evening is as follows. . .

I will go to the movie rental store and rent two movies while Erik and the boys watch the Florida/Alabama game. I will get one movie for the boys and one movie for Erik and I. After dinner and bath, we will let the boys cuddle up in their sleeping bags and watch their movie. Then, we will put them to bed, and Erik and I will cuddle up and watch our movie!

Yay for Saturdays!!!

1 comment:

Tyna said...

Sounds like a fantastic plan! Congrats on getting some quiet time to finish up some chores!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved