Monday, May 17, 2010

Fishing

Yes, we have a pond in our backyard, and, yes, our boys love to fish. So, why do we rarely walk out the backdoor and take our littles fishing??? Well, I'll tell you why I don't. . .

1.) I cannot bring myself to spear an innocent little wiggly worm. Cannot do it. Not now. Not ever. Never. And. . .

2.) I can hardly bear to watch the poor fish fight and squirm until we throw it back into the pond. And, I cannot stand the thought that we just tricked it into eating food with a hidden sharp surprise in it that was meant to hurt them for our pleasure.


It just seems wrong to me.


Maybe even a little mean. But, I will say it keeps my boys somewhat quiet and busy and content for a long period of time. And, for that I rather enjoy it!! I really have no problem with the idea of fishing as long as I don't have to be the one sticking a hook through a worm!! :-)


Pop took them fishing, and it was such a hit that Erik and I took them again later in the weekend after Pop left. "Erik and I" is actually not so true. I was present. I had nothing to do with the actual fishing, but I was present complete with. . .

my lawn chair, designer jeans, and chai latte.

Ahhh, country life!!!!!!

You gotta love it!

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved