Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cute Faces. . .


The summer is literally almost over, and I cannot believe it. My mind is cluttered with so many thoughts and decisions that I can hardly see straight!! As much as I am enjoying the pool and the sunshine, I am so ready to FALL into a routine and some cooler weather!! Do I hear an amen??
The picture above is of my little boys singing some memory work that we have been working on during our "summer school," a.k.a. prepping for what is to come ~ home is not about 24 hour/ 7 day a week play anymore!! It has been an adjustment for all of us. I'd be fibbing if I said the first week was cake, but the more we plug away the more content and enjoyable it has become!! And, I am learning that: a.) They can help me a lot with chores around the house and b.) I used to waste a lot of time. Now nearly every moment is scheduled and somehow the laundry is getting done on a better schedule, and I am cooking more. Yay!!!
Life is good, busy, but good. One day, as I always say, one day things will calm down. But, as I drove around town by myself today, I couldn't help thinking that being alone isn't all that. Some days I dream about just getting to drive around, listen to my music, and go where I want to go. But, when I actually get to do that, it really doesn't do much for me. I kinda miss those cute little voices chatting behind me. So, for the days when I am completely over it, I must remember that these are truly wonderful days!!!! They are, oh, yes, they are!!!

1 comment:

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

What are you using for your homeschooling? I'm considering it and wasn't sure what materials or what you were going to teach.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved