Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Influence of the King

And, I'm not talking about the King of Kings. I'm talking about another king, an earthly king. The story goes something like this. . .


Joshua asked Jesus into his heart a while back, but he didn't want to go before the church. He was overwhelmed at the thought. My little man doesn't like the spotlight. He is so precious like that. Anyway, Erik told him just to let us know when he wanted to announce to the church body his decision and be baptized. No pressure, just whenever you are ready, let us know. Over a year passed. . .

And, then, out of the blue, a week or so ago he started talking about wanting to talk to Dr. Jones. Early last week he asked me when he could go to Dr. Jones' office and talk to him. I suggested he go on Friday afternoon when his Daddy could go with him.


Well, later that day Erik and Joshua were discussing when Joshua could visit Dr. Jones. (Suddenly, this was all our little man wanted to talk about):-) Erik asked Joshua, "So, when do you think you'd like to go?"


Joshua answered, "Well, I'm going to do what my mom said to do because that is what Lebron James did. He did what his mom said to do and went to Miami, so I am going to do what my mom said to do, too. And, mommy said I should go Friday. So, I'm going on Friday."


The influence of the king. . .


King James, that is.

2 comments:

dee said...

That is too funny! Smart boy to listen to his mama, though. :-)

AW said...

Thank goodness your advice is better than Lebron James' mother. LOL!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved