Monday, November 15, 2010

Science and Gratitude

Again, I am not ready to post a menu plan this week. This is our last week of soccer, and that will help tremendously ~ at least then we will sit, once again, and eat all together at the same time!! Right now I am just doing the best that I can to get by day in and day out.

On a funny note, I was reviewing science vocabulary words with the boys one day last week. I quoted a definition. The word I was looking for was germination ~ that was the correct answer. JCT responded first to the question. And, this is what I heard him say. . .

"Darn it!"

I was dumbfounded. I said, "Excuse me, but, we do not say that." He stared at me completely shocked and taken aback. I continued, "I don't know where you heard that, but we do not say that. Do not say it again, please!"

Joshua looked at me completely confused and in defense of his little brother said, "Mom, he said dormant. What is wrong with dormant? It is one of our vocabulary words."

Ooops. I said, "Oh, well, okay! I thought you said something else. Sorry!" I couldn't contain my laughter!!! :-) Of course, then they wanted to know what it was that I thought he said!! :-)

I have a gazillion pictures to post, but I'll do that another day! On to gratitude. . .

I am thankful for. . .

* A cold rainy day and a warm toasty house.
* A week that is not quite as busy as last week.
* Sleeping babes snug in their beds.
* A baby that every so often wiggles and tickles me deep inside my tummy.
* A somewhat clean house.
* A wonderful, handsome, selfless, loving husband who is as steady as a rock and who God uses to still my storms.
* Christmas around the corner!!! Ahhh, the lights, sounds, smells, and beauty of the season!!! I can't wait!!!
* Our God Who came near, Who stooped to look down upon us, Who humbled Himself and came to die so that we might live!

Happy Monday!


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hi Erin, I am a sometimes-lurker. :) I also have 4 children and homeschool so not too much time to lurk. ;) I was wondering what you allow your boys to say when they are expressing frustration. My boys have said a couple things I don't approve of which are all somewhat innocuous by the world's standards but not okay for our home.I let my boys say: oh crumb, oh no, darn and shucks. I'm sure there are a couple others but I can't remember them. I'm interested as darn is usually something I hear kids say. Thanks for any time you have to respond. :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved