Friday, July 13, 2012

The Little Everyday Things...




Sometimes I like to step back and look at my life from a different perspective.  I like to see the details and not just the big things that overwhelm and consume most of my thoughts.  There are so many things that are just ordinary things, but in a few years they won't be ordinary anymore...

They'll be nonexistent, and I know most I'll miss them...

Terribly.

And, I'll wish that I could go back and experience them just one more time.  Like one of Jack's sweet kisses or the sound of Emery's baby giggles or my big boys coming in the back door with sweat dripping from their brow and mud caked on their John Deere boots.

We all have our things, the things that make our life uniquely ours.  I live in the country with a house full of red headed boys and one little redheaded girl.  Think about it.  Take time to stop your day and ponder the things that make your heart light.  Then, celebrate those things, and thank God for giving them.

I am fully thankful.  I walked around the house today and took pictures of any little thing I saw that was a reflection of this stage of the journey.  I do this every now and then taking pictures of the things that are usually overlooked.  Such as...

Joshua and Elijah both brought me one of these today...


 "Look, Mama, it's a heart for you!!"

My gratitude journal...


Going back and reading old entries makes a weary soul feel full again!

And, this has been out on my counter all day.  I'm pondering these...


Trying to focus on character and not just academics.

Miss Em curling her toes...


I love this sign that hangs by the back door...


Muddy boots...


One of my favorite trees...


The walkway to the gym ~ completely muddy...


I'll miss these sunbleached and worn completely ragged trucks one day...



The crabapples...


Garden fresh tomatoes...


Elijah doing the fish face...


Eriky trying to do the fish face...


A bit of spilled milk...


Dirty floors and the claw foot couch my sweet husband surprised me with last weekend.  He got it for well under half the original price!


And, Jack's sweet little curls...


Just a few of the things that make my heart sing!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Oh how I needed this. I LOVE your handwriting by the way :)! I tend to get so overwhelmed I miss the blessings of the day to day. We are way past the baby stage here and it makes me sad some days to realize there will be no more late night cuddle/nursing sessions. But what a timely post to make me realize just how much I will miss THESE days and how much I need to stop and record my thanks. I LOVE Ann Voskamp - her book and her blog - I have been extremely blessed by her reminders to count the ways that He loves. May God bless you as you plan your next year (I LOVE planning the homeschool year!). Sunshine


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved