Monday, October 22, 2007

My Birthday Week

This is my birthday week! (In our family you get a whole week to celebrate your birthday. It is a beautiful thing, really.) Erik got me a Momagenda!! I have been looking at the momagenda website for about 6 months now - almost daily and with great longing!! He gave me my biggest present first, so that I could use it to plan my week!!

Let me say that the website doesn't do this calendar justice. It is much bigger and better than I expected. It even includes pages in the back for planning parties and vacations, blank pages for notes, lists of fun websites, etc. I use the top half of the week-at-a-glance pages to see what my day looks like. I don't put my list of things to accomplish here. I simply put appointments, so that I can see a skeleton of our day and our week. Then, I use the bottom half of the pages, not for my children's various activities as they suggest, but rather I use it to list calls to be made, errands to run, and my at home to-do list. In the front of the calendar, there is a month-at-a-glance section that I am using to plan our meals in pencil.

I love my new calendar - can you tell? I feel so spoiled. I have so much more space to make my daily to-do lists on. And, I can now make my lists vertically instead of in a small rectangle like I used to! I sat in the pick-up line at Joshua's preschool today and marveled over all the fun details of this new little love of mine!


And, tucked in one of the side pockets of my little happy is the sweet note that accompanied my gift. It says, "Erin, I love you! You keep our home well organized and going strong. You are our magic." This note is super special to me for one reason - Erik used the word "magic." Magic is the nickname Erik gave me when we were dating. He doesn't call me Magic very often anymore. Every once in a while though, he slips it in to remind me that "the magic" of "us" is still very much present - even though in the everyday-ness of life, it may not always feel that way. I love my husband. There isn't another human that moves me like he does. I still get that 8th grade in love feeling every now and then. And, honestly, every now and then is all that I have time for these days. . .



Speaking of not having time for things. . . I need to go and hang out with my oldest little man. Today is rainy and delicious! It is the perfect day for curling up with a cup of coffee, a good book, and a sweet four year old.

And, lest you think my life is a blissful birthday celebration void of all things negative, I will let you in on a secret. Only it isn't really a secret. . . You can hear us coughing a mile away. We are all sick. From the tallest (Daddy) to the very smallest (my 'Lijah), we are all fighting a cold. Thanfully, I think we are winning the battle and feeling a little better each day. . .



Two pics to end this post. I like to call these pictures. . .





"Tough Love for my Tough Little Cookie!"



12 comments:

picturesofhisgrace said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great week celebrating! Love you, karen

Donnetta said...

Happy Birthday week to you!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Erin!! Hope you're all feeling better very soon. What a great gift!

Terri said...

Happy Birthday(week!)!
Our youngest son is the toughest of all too because he has two bigger brothers! Those pics are so sweet. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you and your family.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Erin! I hope you have a very special week. I enjoy your blog so much. It's a real encouragement to me!

Big Mama said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great week!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday!

Precious pictures:-)

Christi said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great week celebrating.

Great pictures!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Happy Birthday Friend! I hope this week is a wonderful, restful week for you!

Christy. said...

I just recently found your blog and it is so refreshing. I bought myself a momagenda about two months ago and I love it too! My best friend was overwhelmed with all four of her kids' schedules and so I just bought her one and so we plan our weeks together, meals and all!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! I was given a MomAgenda for Christmas (05) from my future sister-in-law who is in her twenties and is yet to be a mom or really even have an agenda, but knows about awesome-trendy-fantastic gifts!

I fell in love with mine as well! What a sweet gift from your husband :)

Hope you guys are feeling better soon.

Blessings!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved