Tuesday, October 16, 2007

He May Never Find His Way Back Home. . .

Now that Joshua is in pre-K two days a week, JCT and I have some one on one time. And, it is a wonderful thing really.


The kid cracks me up.


I mean, really, the things that he comes up with amaze me!


While Elijah takes his morning nap, I take JCT and the monitor down to the swingset. And, we have what I like to call "swingset conversations." I had many precious "swingset conversations" with JCT's big brother. And, now it is JCT's turn. He gets in his favorite swing, and I push him for 30 minutes or so, and we talk. We talk about whatever JCT wants to talk about. Sometimes he wants us to sing together. Sometimes he wants me to tell him a story about him and Joshua. Sometimes he wants to tell me a story. I love it. The conversation is full, free, easy, and often quite entertaining, as well.


Yesterday morning there was a soft cool breeze. The sky was clear, and the sun was shining. As I was pushing JCT and he was assigning numbers to everyone in the family, I started to wonder what would happen if he got lost. Did he know what to tell people? We have told him our address, but I felt sure he didn't remember it. Would he remember my name or Erik's? So, I asked him. . .


Me: JCT, what is Mommy's name?

JCT: Mommy.

Me: Do you know Daddy's name?

JCT: Daddy. And, Grandma's name is Grandma.


It wasn't looking very good, but I thought I'd try one more time. . .


Me: JCT, where do you live? Can you tell me where you live?


JCT: Yes, I live in the jungle with my Grandma and Pop.


Oh, good. I feel better now. I'm just praying that he doesn't ever get lost because I fear we may never see the poor child again.

7 comments:

Christi said...

LOL... little boys!

Kelly said...

What a precious conversation. Makes me wish for those sweet swingset days again.

Sunshine said...

Oh how sweet - I LOVE those conversations! I have all girls and they crack me up with the stuff they come up with! I love your blog! Sunshine

Kim said...

Oh, cute!!!

Swingset conversations...I love that!!! Enjoy these days.

Lori said...

Well I hear Tarzan is good with kids. This cracked me up.

Deidre said...

I love those conversations. Your boys are so cute, Erin.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Yes, we've started having these conversations with Devyn too. *Sigh* She, too, will be gone for good. =)

I just love those one-on-one times. They're the best!!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved