Friday, May 23, 2008

A Babymoon

Erik and I are breaking free!!! We are driving to my parent's home, dropping off the little darling ones, and going on a mini-vacation alone!! We rarely do this. In fact, it has been two years since the last time we spent the night away from our children - unless you count the hospital stay after I had Elijah - but I don't think that should count!! And, we rarely go out on dates! Most of our date nights take place watching a movie on the couch after the kiddos go to bed! So, needless to say, we are sooooo excited!!!!

We cannot wait!

We have big plans to. . .

* Sleep in!!
* Eat at a few "nice" restaurants!
* Sip coffee and take the morning slow.
* Go shopping!
* Go to a movie!
* Enjoy uninterrupted conversation!!!!!!!

Oh, heavens! I get all giddy just thinking about it! Now, I know that I will miss my little men, but I also know that it is very good for Erik & I to have some time to ourselves. All that to say, I will be taking a bloggy break for a week or so! See you in a bit, my friends!

7 comments:

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Have fun!

picturesofhisgrace said...

Enjoy your time together. I am so excited for you! Love you, your karen

Jenny said...

Have a wonderful time!! I think my hubby and I are about due for a getaway too.

Unknown said...

Hi, great for you. If you're looking for somewhere to go then please check out the Babymoon Directory !

Deidre said...

Sounds like fun, Erin! Eric and I are doing the same thing this weekend. I'm already apprehensive about leaving my girls, but I know we need it!

Unknown said...

So very jealous! Have a grand old time!

Leah said...

Goodness! You and I are having lots of the "same moments". My Trey finishes his first t-ball season tomorrow and he just graduated from pre-school last week. My first child stayed in the pack and play in my room for about 4 months, Trey stayed for 6 months. However, my little Tyler was out in 2 months. He was such a little stinker and if we made any noise he'd wake up.
Anyway, your baby boys are precious. I hope you and hubby have a wonderful vacation.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved