Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Visit to the Fire Station

After what happened two weeks ago, I felt the boys and I should do something to let our local fire department know how much we appreciate what they do for us. So, we baked cookies and brought them to the fire station.

We know a couple fireman, and Erik knows most of them. So, it was a lot of fun to visit them!! I had a feeling that they might let my boys sit in a truck, so I brought my camera and left it in the car.





They went above and beyond my imagination!! Hands down, they were some of the nicest guys ever!! Not only did they give the boys fireman hats, but they gave them a seriously detailed tour of their firetruck and emergency response truck, too. They showed the boys nozzles and hoses, hammers and axes, ladders and lights. The boys had a blast!





A fireman they call "Frog" did most of the touring! He had an obvious love for children!



The boys learned a lot! They asked soooo many questions!!




The boys couldn't wait to get home and play fireman!!



And, here is a cute little fire chief!


4 comments:

Heather said...

Erin,

You don't know me and I am not even sure how I found your blog so many months ago...

I just wanted to say thanks for thinking of the guys at the fire station. My husband is a firefighter and they love when kids come to visit. They always have such a good time with them!

Thanks for thinking of them and taking them cookies. Those are very cute.

Messy and Wonderful said...

Erin, you are an amazing mom and wife. Everytime I'm reading your posts I'm so impressed by what you get done in a day! Those cookies are awesome and with all you have going on, you are truly a blessing to those around you. I want to be more like you!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

How thoughtful of you!! I need to do something like that.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Too sweet. I love the picture of the fire chief.

Okay, I've followed your blog for a while now, where did you get your cookie decorating skills? Didn't I see some basketball ones not long ago?


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved