Sunday, May 18, 2008

Erik's First Triathlon

May 18, 2008, the day of Erik's very first triathlon! The weather was perfect - except maybe for the fact that the cool breeze we spectators enjoyed so much caused the lake waters to be a bit more turbulent for the athletes! Sorry guys! I was so excited to watch Erik complete a goal that he set for himself. This triathlon was Olympic length - 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and a 6.2 mile run. He did great, and I was so proud! Thank you to all of you who called and supported Erik on this day even though you weren't able to physically be there to cheer for him!

My big brother, Kelly, also participated in this triathlon making it a family affair! Kelly has been doing triathlons for years, so he helped prepare Erik for the event. He even organized and set up all of Erik's things in the transition area! So, sweet!

Here is Joshua watching and waiting for his Daddy to come in from the swim. . .
Here is Erik exiting the very chilly water! He said he swallowed more lake water than he ever cares to again! Yuck!

Here he is coming in after the biking portion. . .

Here he is beginning the run. . . He said he had cramps in his legs for the first 3 miles of the run. But, he never gave up! He kept going like a true champion!!


And, here he is running toward the finish line!!!! He did it!

Relaxing afterward. . .


And, this is what went on while we waited in between events. . .

My sister and her family were there to cheer Uncle Kelly and Uncle Erik on to victory!!!

Me & my Joshua. . . He wore his Born to Win t-shirt especially for Daddy!

Joshua and his sweet cousin Kyleigh! She is a doll!
Me & my JCT. . .
Playing with the cousins!!!


It was a long morning of good hard play for my guys! We weren't in the car long before I saw this in my rear view mirror!

Well done, baby! You are a champion in my book! I love you, and I am so proud!

2 comments:

Rae said...

Hi Erin! I'm not sure how I found your blog (I start clicking on links and before I know it I'm all over the place) but I'm glad I did! I chuckled reading about your hubby's triathalon. My sister is completing her first tri in 2 weeks. We're all excited for her. Me? I'm much more of a treadmill girl! :) Thanks for such a fun blog!

Unknown said...

Love your belly!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved