Monday, November 24, 2008

A Good Day. . .

I woke up this morning with a little bounce in my step. As I slipped my feet into my favorite pair of asics, I marveled at how wonderfully comfortable they are, and I said a little thank You prayer to God for them! And, my coffee, oh, my sweet wonderful cup full of steaming wonderment, smelled excellent and tasted even better! But. . .

the best part is that it was/is raining cats and dogs outside.
And, I love a rainy day!! Love, love, love cool, overcast, rainy days ~ when I have nowhere to go and nothing vitally important to do!

Actually, I began the morning hurriedly getting the boys dressed and ready. We had to take Rain to the vet, the big boys to get flu shots, and Elijah to get his ears checked (temp 102.3). But, we were home by 9:30, and my coffee was still warm. . .
The boys played playdoh all three in a row on a bench at the kitchen table while I sipped coffee and started laundry.
Home, you have to love it.

Home sweet home.

The sound of clothes being tossed in the dryer and soft piano music playing. . .

The smell of coffee and my pumpkin spice candle. . .

There is no place that I'd rather be. . .

The world with all it's charms doesn't even compare. . .

To the warmth of a home filled with little ones on a cold and rainy day!

Lijah didn't last long. By 11:00 he was ready for another dose of Motrin and a nap. So, I gave him his medicine, carried him up to his room, lay him down, and he has been sleeping peacefully ever since.

I came back downstairs and bundled the big boys up in their rain gear and boots. Then, I set them free on the back porch. I sat in a rocker and watched as they played together sweetly in the rain. They love to play in the rain!!


After 30 or so minutes, I went inside to change out laundry. In between folding the clean, dry clothes and filling the washer and dryer again, I peeked out the window at my little men to make sure all was well. And, this is what I found. . .


All I could think when I saw them was that this is what they will look when they are in their forties ~ sitting around rocking and talking. . .

Buddies for life.

After playing in the rain for about an hour, they decided that they were ready to come inside. So, I took their wet clothes and added them to my mountain of laundry. Then, I put them in nice warm clean clothes. They are now bundled under a shared blanket on the couch watching a Christmas movie.

Good gracious me, I love rainy days. . .

3 comments:

Mer said...

Sometimes I read your posts, and I think, that lady never has a negative thing to say...how do you do it my friend....with 3 boys, and a newborn baby boy!!! I pray for your optimism! Hey I wanted to ask a ??? I read a long time ago on your blog that you tried juice plus on your kids...what do you think??? What is your testimonial???

Missy said...

I to love a rainy day. I enjoy it much the same way you do! Good kids, warm coffee, a good movie, and a yummy candle (I think the laundry going is a given!)...does it get any better than that?!?

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Those raincoats and faces inside of them are too cute.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved