Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hosanna

Maybe I knew it in years past, but if I did I had forgotten. So, when I learned this Easter that the word Hosanna meant "God Save Us," I was touched. "God Save Us!" they called out to Him as He entered Jerusalem on a donkey. And, I can't help wondering what thoughts ran through His mind as He looked out at their faces, as He looked deep into their eyes - through to their souls. Because He knew each one of them, intimately. . . They were not just faces in a crowd. They were loved by Him, loved so much that He entered Jerusalem knowing that a cross would meet Him there. But, as He journeyed on, smiling gently at the crowd, reaching out and touching them, He heard them cry out to Him, "God save us!" Little did they know that saving them was exactly what He was on His way to accomplish. They meant for Him to save them from the Romans, but in their cries of "Hosanna," He heard a yearning deep in their hearts for Him to save them from much more than a human rule. He heard them crying out to be saved from their sins, a yearning to be brought into relationship with God. And, as He stared into their eyes, He saw their sins, He knew their stories, and He loved them deeply, so deeply it hurt. So, He made the ultimate sacrifice. And, praise the Lord, on the third day, He rose again!! This is Easter, and this is what it is about!





Erik and I used the Resurrection Eggs by Family life this year. I was amazed at how much the boys enjoyed it. They listened and chimed in here and there as Erik explained each egg and each symbol inside the egg. We will definitely make them a tradition. And, of course, we did hunt candy eggs, too!












Sarah, do you recognize the shirt?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The resurrection eggs are a wonderful idea, I'll have to check into them myself.

Mrs. C said...

I never heard of the resurrection eggs. I'm going to be checking them out too.

Donnetta said...

We do the resurrection eggs every year with our children also. They still love them at ages 9 and 11!

We also have the book "Benjamin's Box" which is written to accompany the eggs. It is about a little boy and the treasures he keeps/finds at various steps through Jesus journey to the cross and resurrection. With each page one of the eggs is opened to find the treasure for his box.

I Highly recommend it! Even with my children growing, they still read the book and then open each egg with each page.

I'll bet your little guys would just love it!

Delete said...

We love the resurrection eggs! My older daughter is 6.5 and she still loves them!

Blessings to you-
Jenny

Linda said...

I didn't know that Erin. What a beautiful picture you've painted with your words.
It truly is a wonder!
The pictures are great.

Kim said...

We love the resurrection eggs,too! I wrote about them on our traditions,too! It is one of the best tools to teach the gospel to children, IMO.

Your boys looks so cute!

I hope you had a wonderful resurrection Sunday!

Kim

Lori said...

My kids loved the resurrection eggs when they were little. What adorable pictures!!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Yes, we're planning to buy the Resurrection Eggs next year. We just didn't think that Devyn was old enough this year. It looks like you guys has a wonderful Easter. And I just LOVE the family picture!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you could use it! And I'm glad I don't have to wear it again! :)

I'm so excited to see a picture of you--I haven't seen you since Elijah was a tiny little bump back in November!

Love you!!

Sarah said...

And when I zoomed in to see your house I noticed Charlotte's Web--the same one is in Grayson's bedroom--it's mine from when I was a little girl. Good taste, sweet friend :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved