Thursday, July 26, 2007

Happy Three Months, My Little One!




Oh, what fun we are having with you, little man!! This month has been great! You are starting to sleep through the night!! Praise God! You are so smiley and happy! You love to talk. . . LOUDLY! I guess you feel that you must talk loudly in order to be heard over your sweet brothers' chatter.


Can I just tell you that I love you. . . I love every little bit of you, and I am so thankful that God has given me the great privilege of being your mommy! You are very content and sweet. Several times I have been worried about you because I haven't heard a peep from you on the monitor for a long time. I sneak a peek at you only to find you grinning and quietly cooing. And, when I see you laying there all cute, chubby, and smiling, I can't help but grab you up into my arms, my sweet love!
I pray that I never forget how it feels to hold you. How it feels when your sweet body goes limp with sleepiness. . . How it feels to softly prop my chin on your soft fuzzy baby head. . . You are peace and love - a little bit of heaven, and I am enjoying every minute of your baby days.


But, I must say that these baby days are passing quickly. I see you sitting in your little bumbo seat, and it seems like just yesterday you were a helpless newborn. And, now you are holding your head up with great baby strength. You are laughing and smiling like a big boy. You are beginning to reach for toys and to connect with your big brothers. You love to watch them play - great entertainment. And, they love to make you laugh.


You are still a mystery to us, little man. Erik and I were discussing your personality the other night, and we are just beginning to see glimpses of the person you will become. Oh, I can't wait to know you better and better. As much as I hate for the baby days to pass, I cannot wait to know who God made you to be, my sweet Lijah. He has a wonderful life for you, and I can't wait to walk through it with you!!

4 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I love, love, LOVE the red hair, Erin, he is just too precious for words! I can't believe three months have passed for you and five months have passed for me. Where does time go? This was beautifully written and exactly how I feel about our little guy too. Thank you!

Donnetta said...

What a precious post for such a precious boy!!

Michelle Peacock said...

How on earth could he be 3 months old already? You just had him! Yay for 3 months! The Lord bless you all.

Sarah said...

I can't believe he is already 3 months old! Time to have another!! Just kidding :) What a sweet face he has--I can't wait to meet him!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved