Monday, July 09, 2007

We stole a moment for us. Or, should I say that God gave us a moment. . . when I least expected it. I wasn't in a particularly romantic mood. My mind was on other things. . . the cooing baby that I was holding, the two darling, reckless little boys playing cars on the rug in front of me, the phone calls that needed to be made, and on and on. . .

Erik bought a song called "I'll be" by Edwin McCain on itunes, and he wanted to play it for me. So, I sat back and relaxed my tired body into the couch, and he started the music. He stood behind the couch, so I leaned my head back so that I could look up into his eyes as I listened. And, as the music played he gently touched my cheek with his hand, and our eyes locked.

And, just for a moment time froze. For a moment I didn't hear the playing children, the sweet cooing baby or even the music that was playing. All I could hear were the words that Erik's soul whispered to mine through his soft brown eyes. And, tears filled my eyes, so much so that they began slowly rolling down my cheeks. He softly wiped them for me. All I could think as we stared into one another's eyes is, "We are so blessed, so blessed. My life partner, my one and only. . . the one that my soul loves. So, blessed. Thank You, Jesus."

Only two lines stuck out to me as I listened to the song. And, those two lines were. . . "I'll be the biggest fan of your life," and "I'll be better when I'm older." How true. I am Erik's biggest fan, and there is no doubt that being married to him has made me better. He challenges me with his selfless heart and unrelenting passion for our God.

As he gently stroked my face, I reached my hand down and softly stroked the face of our baby. And, I have never felt so blessed. Our sons playing in the background, our baby smiling sweetly, soft music playing, and our eyes locked taking it all in. My eyes opened to the floodgates of blessings surrounding me, the everyday blessings, the biggest blessings of my life.

19 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

So beautiful:) How blessed you are!

Kelli said...

An amazing moment.

Donnetta said...

Beautiful!! Blessed indeed!

Big Mama said...

Beautiful. Just pure sweetness.

Leah said...

That is just the sweetest thing I've read in a long time! You certainly ARE blessed!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful picture of how a family should be! You are blessed.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture.

Linda said...

Perhaps that's what we mean when we pray, "Lord give me eyes to see...". When our eyes are opened to the precious blessings all around us, it is just a little touch of heaven.
Beautifully written Erin.

Melissa said...

Don't you just love those unplanned moments when it hits you right in the face how very, very blessed you are? And they're all the sweeter because they're unplanned.

Enjoy your family!

Deidre said...

Erin, I love that song! We were just able to see Edwin McCain in person on Saturday night at a quaint outdoor concert in the middle of a small, small town. I loved it.

You are blessed and even more so because you know it! :)

Kim said...

How sweet! I'm glad you can see how blessed you are!

Kim

Dianne said...

This was so touching.Thanks for sharing this moment.

Sara said...

So sweet. I had fun with you and your boys. Told M about JCT saying (or what I thought he was saying) about taking me home. He thought it was so funny.

a said...

What a sweet and wonderfull moment.

Jennifer said...

Ahhhh. Don't we all need more magical moments like this in the midst of the hub-bub. So glad you had one...and you noticed it!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh Erin! I just LOVE moments like that! I can literally feel God surrounding me to point out the sweetness and blessings in my life. It sounds like it was a truly wonderful moment... a beautiful gift.

Blessings to you!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Precious post. One to be printed out and kept somewhere special.

Sarah said...

beautiful :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved