Sunday, July 29, 2007

One Meme Two Meme Red Meme Blue Meme

Just kidding about the red meme blue meme. I guess I have been inspired by all the Dr. Seuss books that I have read in the last 48 hours!! Joshua and Erik are spending the afternoon at a local theater seeing a Dr. Seussical leaving me at home with two sleeping babies!! Quietness fills our usually noisy home. So, I am going to use this time to catch up on something I started a few weeks ago. . . Deidre tagged me for two memes, and though I procrastinated a bit, here they are. . .

Meme #1

5 Reasons that I love Jesus. . .




1.) He is unboxable!! I think that my absolute favorite thing about Jesus is that He is too big to be put in a box. He cannot be contained. He cannot be reduced to our wildest imaginations. From the beginning of time man has attempted to put Him in a box, to explain Him, to figure Him out, to make Him what man wants Him to be. But, He is beyond all that, beyond all that our human minds can conjure. And, I love that.

2.) He wasn't afraid to get His hands dirty. He wasn't afraid to reach out to the sinners. He didn't care what the "religious leaders" of the day thought - or anyone else for that matter. He reached out to the outcast. He touched the sinners and the sick. He loved people more than His reputation. He looked on them with compassion and not judgement. Now that is a Savior!!!

3.) Grace. He doesn't expect me to be perfect. He saved me not only from a life of sin spiraling downward unto death, but also He saved me from a life of measuring myself daily and the guilt that accompanies not measuring up. Does that make sense? His grace didn't end when I went forward and gave my life to Him. No, I still need His grace today, and something tells me that I will probably need it tomorrow, too. It is His grace that keeps this perfectionist from living a life full of guilt, fear, and self-condemnation. I figure if He can forgive me than I ought to work on forgiving myself. Grace, it is a beautiful thing.

4.) He chose fishermen and not scholars to be His disciples. I absolutely love that He didn't choose the smartest, the most well liked by society, the most religious, etc. No, he chose simple men. And, by walking with them day in and day out, they learned about love and grace. And, He taught them that the greatest among them would be the servant. And, He washed their feet. And, they followed Him. And, the world has never been the same because of it.



5.) He knows the number of hairs on my head. He knows me intimately. He desires and enjoys relationship with me. He could have left a book of rules for each and every situation that I would encounter in my life. He could have made life in Him black and white. But, He chose not to. He chose to make me dependent daily on a relationship with Him. He chose to make me dependent on His guidance for my everyday life because He loves me and He wants to be in constant communication with me. Breath by breath. And, that is unreal.


Meme #2:

My answers to her 5 questions:

1.) Is your life today the same as YOU planned it to be?

It is quite similar. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. But, God did throw me a bit of a curve ball by giving me all boys!! I have always been a girly girl, and I never dreamed that God would bless me with a house full of boys!!!!



2.) Why do you attend the church that you do?

Good question. Erik and I actually get this question alot. And, the only answer that I have is that my husband and I know that we know that we know that God called us to be a part of our church.


3.) If given the choice, how would you spend tomorrow morning?

Ahhh, I love this question. I would have my mother come over (she only lives 4 hours away :-) and take my children on a fun outing!! And, I would sip coffee on the back porch with my Bible and a good book. Oh, and it would be fall outside - cool and crisp with lots of pretty trees to look at and a gentle rain falling on the roof above me. . .



4.) What is your favorite Bible verse at the moment?

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32.
I just think it is cute that He calls us "little flock." It is so endearing. It is sweet to my heart.

5.) What's your idea of a good vacation?

No stress. I don't like to be places where there are big crowds. I would like to be somewhere quiet, peaceful, yet fun for the boys! Maybe somewhere close to nature. But, not camping. I don't want to be that close to nature.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading those! I am so behind on Memes....

Glad you had a quiet house.

Deidre said...

Erin, I loved reading your answers.

I love #1 - He's unboxable. I try so often to put Him in a box, not allowing Him to be who He is in my life. And, I love #5. I knew you would have great answers!

I would spend my morning exactly like you would - minus the coffee and add a sweet tea. :)

Oh, I got caught up on your other posts. I'm so glad you were able to visit your family. If that is you van behind you in the family picture, we have the same van! Isn't that weird??

Thanks for doing the meme. I enjoyed reading.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Erin, I just loved your #1 reason for loving God. For some reason, it really spoke to me and was just the thing I needed to hear!

Linda said...

Great, great answers Erin. I loved the number one reason as well. If I could fit Jesus in the box of my creation, we would all be in a very sorry mess.

Sarah said...

I forgot that you love fall as much as I do--someday we'll take our load of boys (and girl!) to the mountains and stay in a cabin and let them run wild while we sit on the porch in rockers and remember our Union days . . .

Girl Raised in the South said...

loved these answers - re vacation and camping, we dont really consider them the same; rather camping is a weekend time away from the regular stuff of life, and so we enjoy it immensely. The sound of crickets at night, kids riding bikes around the campground early in the morning, etc. But vacation - that's somewhere that involves a hotel!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved