Friday, July 13, 2007

Two Fun Little Ideas. . .



Joshua and I made our first "hand"made pot as a Mother's Day gift for my mom when Joshua was one year old. It was a hit with Nana, so we made one for Erik's mom, too. Joshua, JCT, and I painted the pot in this picture for Afton, the boys favorite "girl"friend. I love gifts with things like the boy's hand or footprints on them. I am all about heartfelt, sentimental gifts. And, this is one of my favorites, so I thought I'd share it. We use acrylic paints and then spray a layer of clear acrylic sealer after the paint has dried. It is easy to do and the boys have so much fun getting their hands all messy with paint! You are sure to get a smile from the recipient of this sweet gift!!
Wendy saw the paper on my table in the picture of Joshua from the post below. She asked about it, so I thought I'd share this with ya'll, too. I actually saw this idea in Rachael Ray's magazine a month or so ago. I use the brown paper that comes in a roll at Wal-Mart in the section with all the mail/packaging things. I place the paper across my table and tape it down on the sides, so it won't move while they draw. Then, I get crayons and put them in containers in the middle of the table. This is a great idea for times when company is coming over - company with young kids, of course. We use one side and then flip it over and use the other side. It is fun for the kids, and if you get really creative, it can make a really cute table when playgroup is at your home!!!

6 comments:

Donnetta said...

We do the same paper on the table idea at church during potlucks and then meetings, programs etc.

Once the kids are done eating we clear their table and have it under the plastic tablecloth. It keeps them in the same room with all the adults requiring less supervision in the other rooms. It works GREAT!!!

Wendy said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

I love these ideas! Thanks for sharing them!

My little ones will love it,
Kim

Deidre said...

Oh, I love both of those ideas! I want to make MYSELF a pot with my kiddos hands. But, that's a great gift too. And, the packing paper ... I never thought of that. Thanks, Erin!

Have a great weekend!

Oh, and I, too, wish you could come over and sit at my kitchen table!!

Big Mama said...

Love those. We have been in dire need of some projects around here, you've inspired me!

a said...

How cute thank you so much for sharring!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved