Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Trip to Nana and Poppy's


Yesterday, we got home from a wonderful trip to visit my parents. We had such a restful, peaceful time. The boys had a blast playing with Nana and Poppy, while Erik and I got to spend a lot of time alone - which was such a blessing!!
This small town girl got to eat at Moe's, Krispy Kreme, and Bonefish Grill. And I got to shop at Williams-Sonoma, J. Jill, Pottery Barn, Lewis and Clark, and, of course, Target. Oh, it was a fun-filled trip!
But, all good things must come to an end, and so our trip did much to my Joshua's displeasure. As per usual, he remained composed until we got into "Vannie" and began to drive away. The tears appeared as they always do when we leave anyone that my sweet boy loves. His heart is a beautiful thing, I tell you. Sweet tears rolled down his cheeks until I finally called my mom so that she could console him. She promised to come visit him sometime soon, and the tears shut off like a switch.
Then, last night when he was asked to bless the food at dinner, his prayer went something like this. . .
"Dear God, I miss my Nana a whole bunch and a lot. Will you please make her come to my house? Will you please make her drive a long day and come see me? Amen."
Then, he looked up and asked me, "Do you miss your mommy and daddy when we leave them?" I assured him that I did miss them very much. And, I made sure he knew that it was very normal to miss those we love when we have to leave them.
Since I mentioned the sweetness of Joshua's heart, I must mention the happiness of JCT's heart! JCT is so fun right now!! Watch out world, the LIFE of the party has arrived!! He has the JOY, JOY, JOY down in his happy little heart!!! He made the trip a lot of fun by keeping us in stitches most of the time! He is his own little person. And, I love that about him!!
Here are a few pics from our trip. . .

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So THAT is where you've been! I've been missing you and your thoughts. Your family is just so sweet and I LOVE that last picture. I'm thankful to hear y'all had a wonderful trip together... and goodness, Elijah is growing so fast.

AW said...

What a lovely family picture! I love how your little one's hands are in the air. Like, "Here I am world!" But I guess that seems to fit his personality? ;-)

Big Mama said...

I've missed you! Glad you're back and that y'all had a great time. Love the pictures!

Michelle said...

Cutie!

Linda said...

I feel confident (speaking as a grandma here) that your Mom will visit soon. It is such a joy to be with the grandchildren - and so hard to say good-by, even for a little while. I love his tender, little heart.

Sarah said...

Erin, you're already looking your super-skinny self again! And I love the picture of your dad--I haven't seen him since your wedding.

And I have to ask; am I the only one who thinks Baby E is his biggest brother's clone?? SO adorable!! Love you:)

Anonymous said...

oh i love the pics. it looks like you guys had a BLAST

Erin said...

Sarah, you are not the only one who thinks that! Erik and I do, too. I think he definitely favors Joshua more than JCT - at least right now. . .

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

You have SUCH a beautiful family! I'm glad you all had a wonderful time.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved