Saturday, September 22, 2007

When the weak are served. . .

Christ is present
when the Weak
are
loved and served. . .
- Matt Mooney
I came across this quote on the 99 Balloons blog last night. And, I have not been able to get it out of my head. I wrote it on the chalk board in our kitchen.
It is a simple little sentence, but it holds immense amounts of truth. The world says bow to the king. Serve those with authority over you. But, Christ says serve the poor, the needy, the weak. The Mooneys and the Farleys are great examples of this truth lived out in the flesh. But, there are endless examples, endless opportunities for us to be Christ to the world around us. There are endless opportunities for us to serve rather than be served.
Father, give me eyes to see, and strength to reach beyond my comfort zone seizing the opportunity to serve the weak at home and in the world.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Amen, sister. Amen.

Elizabeth S said...

Hi Erin. I found your blog through your comment on the Farley's blog. I am a SAHM of 4 and loved reading your entries today. I LOVED the one about the shoes. I have 2 boxes of my kids shoes that I can't bare to part with. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. You can visit my blog anytime. Have a blessed day.

Deidre said...

Wow, great quote, Erin.
We receiving the biggest blessing through giving ourselves and serving - that's when God meets us and encourages us. I pray He opens my eyes to ways I can serve in the midst of the season I am in.

I pray you're having a blessed week, my friend!

Deidre said...

Okay, that should be 'receive' the biggest blessing.... :)

Sarah said...

I saw, through the Farleys blog, that Adrian Rogers' granddaughter is pregnant with a baby with Trisomy 18, too. (It's Poppy Joy Luce's blog, if you want to look it up.) It always amazes me how suffering knows no boundaries. Thanks for sharing this quote today. Matt Mooney is somebody I want to meet someday, in heaven. He and Ginny astound me.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

You've inspired me as well. I am have already wrote this quote on our kitchen chalkboard too.

cindy kay said...

Thanks for the reminder.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved