Friday, February 20, 2009

The Ramblings of a Mother losing her Mind. . .

I love being a mom.

My heart is bursting at the seams because. . .

I love being a mom.

And, here are a few reasons why I love being a mom. . .

Yesterday evening, I leashed Rain, and grabbed my little red-headed, blue-eyed man up and into my arms and headed out for a quick walk. Lijah immediately pointed out the only star visible in the big, dark blue evening sky. His sweet face lit up, and he said, "Tar. Look at da Tar, Mommy." I smiled and admired his sweet little watery blue eyes and rosy wind burned cheeks. Then, he looked me directly in the eyes and said with all seriousness, "Want to see-ya mo tars, pees. Mo tars, pees, Mommy." Oh, if only I could have made more stars appear, my sweet one, for you, I would have filled the sky!

Then, today, after the little boys went to sleep, I pulled out the game Trouble to play with JCT. He was delighted. For some reason he usually wins every game. I always tell Erik that we really need to take him to Vegas one day. I don't know what it is about that child. . .

Anyway, I set up the game and we began playing. And, this is the way the conversation went throughout the game. . .

JCT: "I'm going to win, Mommy. I am going to beat you at this game."
Me: "Let's just play. Okay?"
JCT: "See look my guy is ahead of your guy. So, I am going to win. I'm ahead."
Me: "Yes, but you have 3 pieces that aren't even out yet. And, I already have 2 out, and I have one already back around. So, actually I am winning right now. You need to roll a 6 to get another piece out."
JCT (undaunted): "I'm going to win this game, Mommy. I'm just telling you. . .I'm going to win. My guy is still ahead of yours. See, let me show you."
Me: "Okay, yeah, whatever, you don't really understand that I am ahead, but that is okay. Let's just play the game. Okay?"
JCT: "No, Mommy, you don't understand. I am going to beat you at this game. I really am going to beat you. Just wait. You'll see that I am going to win this game. Look, here is my guy going ahead of yours."
Me: "Okay, now, just quit talking and play the game. Please, let's just play the game!"

This little conversation continued on until, yes, he caught up to me. We both had our last pieces only a few spaces from home. I rolled a 5 which put my piece one space from being home. So, I knew the next roll I was going to win. And, to be honest I felt a twinge of guilt.
But, then. . .
he rolled a 6.
And, as he counted and moved his little piece in. . .

His eyes slowly looked up at mine. And, after his piece was safely in the slot, his victory secure, a sly little smile crept across his face, and he uttered one single little word. . .

"Beat."

In other words, "I beat you, Mommy. Just like I said I would."

I gave him a high five and literally could not stop laughing for at least 3 minutes. Goodness, I love that little man. If only I had an eighth of his confidence. . .

And, speaking of JCT, he is asleep on the couch. It has become a daily event ~ napping on the couch instead of in his room. And, I love it. I get to be with him while he naps! I can't get enough of watching him sleep. I take a picture of him everyday because everyday I think the same thing ~ "Oh, my goodness, he is soooo cute. I have to get my camera!" I am a silly mama!
Joshua was home on Monday, so I let them play through nap time! They were having a blast, so I wasn't about to interrupt them!!
But, here is Tuesday's nap. . .
And, Wednesday's. . .
Thursday's. . .

And, Friday's. . .

And, I had to get a picture with his sweet dino feet in it. . .

Everybody should have a JCT. He is just that great!

And, on a completely different note. . . I really think I am crazy. A few months ago, I was trying to coax Elijah out of the powder bath because I was ready to leave the house to run errands, and Elijah isn't allowed in bathrooms because he does awful things when he gets in them ~ throws toys and magazines in the toilet, puts his hands in the toilet water, etc. So, I said to him, "Erik Daniel, come here. Come out of the bathroom, Erik D.! Erik Daniel, come out of the bathroom! It is time to go!"
Everyone around me just kind of froze.
Elijah was staring at me like I was crazy and not moving a muscle.
Finally, JCT broke the silence and very carefully in a ~ I better talk slow because my mom may be losing her mind voice ~ said, "Mom, Erik Daniel is in the Moses basket over there. That is Elijah you're talkin to." I tried to kind of brush it off and said under my breath, "Yeah, I knew that. Come on, Lijah, let's go."

Yikes!
Then, today, I carried Erik Daniel to the mail box to get the mail. Elijah and JCT followed us. As we were walking back inside, I was looking through the mail. I noticed a thank you note for Joshua from a sweet older lady in our church that Joshua took flowers to on Valentines Day. So, I called out behind me, "Joshua, hey Joshua!"
Then, it hit me.

Yeah. He's at school. He's been gone for like 4 hours. He can't hear me.
I really am losing my mind.

Seriously. It is scary.

But, that is enough of that. And, now another reason why I love being a mom. . .
Yesterday JCT experienced lik-em-stix for the first time. . .


Who needs the stick anyway?



I used to love those things so much!!
Enough rambling. . .

It is good to be a Mommy.

Even if it means that I am slowly but surely. . .
losing my mind.

3 comments:

Christi said...

Erin, I just love reading your posts! I wish you were my mama...

And, sweetie - you're not any crazier than the rest of us! We're all there!

Messy and Wonderful said...

Oh, it baffles me how I can say the names of my OTHER three boys before I say the name of the son I really mean to call!!! Sometimes I just stop and say to the child I'm talking to, "What's your name?"

It always makes us laugh.

Kathy said...

So beautiful.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved