Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Big Boys!

Upstairs and to the right live two little red headed, freckle faced boys, and they share everything from birthdays to bedrooms to bunk beds, from shoes to ships to space shuttles, from Lincoln logs to Larry-boys to laughter. They are best friends, and we thank God for knitting their sweet little hearts together in such a way that only He could be responsible.


They are both energy and peace. They are silly and sweet, joy and laughter, tenderness and passion. Their colors span the rainbow, and I could write about them both from now until eternity and only tap the surface of their God given preciousness ~ because I am their mama, and I love them so much!

And, to think the journey began only 6 years ago. But, I vaguely remember the years prior to their entrance into my life. All they had to do was enter, and suddenly my life was never again the same. They have brought me more joy than I can express.

This is where it all began. . .



In a hospital room, Daddy scrubbed up and Mommy beaming!

I remember being so completely floored that there really was a baby inside of me. All that kicking that I had been feeling for so many months was really a real live baby. God had created a child inside of me. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the miracle of that thought! I remember asking Erik in a moment of quiet between the two of us after Joshua's delivery, "Baby, did you really pull him out of me?? Are you sure you didn't pull him out from under the hospital bed??? Did he really come out of me??" What an amazing thought!

My sweet Joshua! Six years! Time has flown, sweet thing! You have filled my heart, filled it to overflowing with your wonderful preciousness!! You are all heart, little man, all heart! And, I love it! You are tender and sweet, gentle and strong. Just last night I told you of a friend of ours who's 16 year old dog died. We prayed for God to give her peace, and when we were through praying, you looked up at me with big sweet eyes and suggested that we give her Rain. And, you were completely serious. You love with all your heart, and you have an innate need to take care of those around you ~ be it your baby brother or a good friend. You are my helper, my friend, and my sweet oldest son. You are a special little boy, and I know that God has huge plans for you!! There is not a doubt in my mind that you will grow into an incredible man like your Daddy ~ sensitive and strong and always looking out for the needs of those around you! I am so proud of you, sweet one. I love you so much!

Now, for you my little JCT. . .

Where do I begin? You have been surprising me since the night of your birth! I will never forget as your Daddy and I drove to the hospital on Feb. 3, 2005, at 11:00 p.m. My water had broken, and I was having minimal contractions. I knew that a.) you were not going to be born during the next hour and b.) Dr. Y was not going to let me go more than 24 hours with my water broken. So, a + b = you were going to be born on your big brother's birthday. Erik and I smiled as we realized this. And, you closed the deal when you made your appearance a few hours later at 3:56 a.m. I knew from the first time I heard your cry that you were going to be a calm, sweet baby, and I was right. But. . .

then you turned 2! And, whew, I learned a lot that year! You taught me more than the plethora of parenting books I had read previously. You are smart, witty, and strong, strong, strong. And, I am not just talking about physical strength! You have an inner drive and an inner confidence, self-assuredness that you did not, I repeat, you did not get from your mama! But, I love it, and more than that, I admire it. You don't sit back and watch, you enter into life with all that you are! I think the characteristic that Erik and I have come to adore most about you is your wit! You crack us up, even and especially, when you don't mean to do it!! But, don't let onlookers be fooled, deep down you are sweet to the core! And, you give me so much love, so, so, so much sweet love!!! Oh, and I must also mention that you are a hard worker! I think you would let me throw baseballs to you all day long. You do not bore easily. You love to sit and do puzzles, play computer games or your leapster for hours. You love to tackle a challenge, and you surprise me by coming up with things on your own. What a funny little guy you are! You make me smile, and I love you with all my heart! I am so proud to call you mine!

Two boys, both with red hair and hazel/green eyes, but with wonderfully different God-given personalities, and I love them both. . .






May God bless you boys with a lifetime of friendship, laughter, and wonderful memories!! I love you both more than you will ever know! Happy Birthday, sweet boys, happy birthday!

3 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

What a fun blessing. I hope they enjoy sharing a birthday now, but if they don't - I know they will love it when they are adults!

Sunshine said...

How neat is it that they share a birthday - WOW! Happy Birthday to your sweet two oldest boys - what a special blessing this post will be to them as they get older. You have such a sweet Mama's heart! Sunshine

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Joshua and JCT!!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved