Monday, November 20, 2006

My thankful heart. . .

My heart is so full. I am going to give it a chance to overflow, if you don't mind. . . This year has brought us many blessings. Here is a short little list. . .

* I am thankful for the sweet life of my sister in love, Cecilia. I am thankful for the strength of spirit that God has graced her with. I am thankful that He allowed her to reach up and feel that knot hiding deep under her arm - a knot that even the nurses couldn't find until Cecilia raised her arm up just so and pointed it out to them. I know it was God who allowed Cecilia to find that lymphnode full of Cancer before it had a chance to spread to any other place in her body. I am thankful that even though chemo is rough and practically poisoning this friend I love so much, it is healing her. It is killing the cancer. And, she will walk away from this and grow old with my big brother who loves her so much - not to mention two beautiful little girls who need their sweet mama.

* I am thankful that home is not a physical building. Home is wherever Erik, me, and our children reside. We can be at home anywhere we are - even this little 2 bedroom rent house with ants, rolly pollies, and mold in the bathroom. Home is wherever God places us - as long as we are together, we are home.

* I am thankful for a precious husband who at this very moment has both our boys at a basketball game so that I can have the "night off." I am thankful that I am married to a man who is truly the most selfless human I have ever come across. I am thankful that he loves me so much more than I deserve. I am thankful that I have learned more about Christ's love through being married to him than I have any other way. He points me to Christ through his life every day, and for that I am eternally grateful.

* I am thankful for cute baby boys who grow into sweet little men. I am thankful for the two that God allows me to call my own. The fact that God chose to bless me with them is overwhelming, and I will never take it for granted. I am thankful for their joy which is contagious, for their hugs and kisses, and for the privilege it is to parent them.

* I am thankful for this amazing little life within me. I am thankful for the thought that God's own hand is at work in my womb knitting together a life.

* I am thankful for my little namesake born Nov. 4th in Orlando, FL. I haven't gotten to meet her yet, but I am so thankful that God has blessed our family with her. And, I am thankful for her sweet mama who I love dearly.

* I am thankful for my parents and Erik's parents. They are wonderful parents, always pointing us to Jesus. And, they are awesome grandparents!! I am thankful that my boys are so blessed to have 2 sets of grandparents who love them tremendously and pray for them daily.

* I am thankful for good, solid, loyal, sweet, trustworthy, and funny friends. I am thankful for the vast variety of types of friends that God has blessed me with over the years. They are a variety personalities, but they all show me Jesus - just in different lights. I love that.

* But, most of all I am thankful for another year to walk with Jesus. Another year on this journey. I am thankful that He is patient with me, never giving up on me. And, I am thankful that He loves me more than I can imagine.

* And, on a lighter note, I am thankful for coffee with Peppermint Mocha Creamer, Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Greeen Tea, and Popeye's Red Beans and Rice.

* Oh, and one more. . . I am thankful for the men who come to our house to work everyday. I am thankful for Mr. Cole and his smile that sets me at ease when I start to get frazzled (which happens almost daily). I am thankful for Homeboy or as Joshua calls him "Home-Boa." He is the best trimmer, excellent at finishing work, and is such a hardworker. I am even thankful for Flat and Gerald. Flat has a great smile, and today he showed up at work with a dead coyote in the back of his pick-up. He went hunting for deer, but returned with a coyote. I didn't ask. Gerald seems lonely, and I like to smile at him to see if I can get him to smile back. He, too, is a hard-worker. I am thankful for this little band of men that have become our friends through this endeavor.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I praise God WITH you for all these wonderful blessings in your life. YOU are a blessing in mine... I'm so glad I've met you through this internet world.... God is always working in new ways to bless us and show Himself to us. Enjoy your precious time off tonight.
Hugs to you, calissa

a said...

What a beautifull post, it encourages me as we are working on our house, I had forgoten that home isn't just a building, but a feeling that warms your heart and soul... Thank you

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for YOU, sweet friend! (I just remembered right now the night I got engaged, and seeing you sitting up on your bed, through the window, waiting for me--do you remember?)

I'm happy you're living such a blessed life:)

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, and seems so appropriate for this week. =) I can especially relate to the "home is not a building" point. We're currently living in my parents unfinished basement while our house is being built. It's very bare but so full of love. Home is where our family is!! Thanks for the reminder!!

Big Mama said...

Erin, I'm thankful for you and your sweet spirit that just shines through your blog. I just loved this post, especially the part about home being where your husband and boys are. You are so right.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Donnetta said...

Ah, it does the heart good to sit, reflect, and be thankful... doesn't it?! Thanks for such a lovely post to remind me to take some time to reflect as well.

I'm thankful we've "met"! :-)

Deidre said...

Erin, I'm thankful for you and your precious posts. They are such a joy to read! I'm reminded by this one to take a moment and praise God for my many blessings.

I pray you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving. You are so precious!

Michelle said...

Just popping in to wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda said...

Sweet Erin. Your words of thankfulness come from a heart that is so obviously warm and loving. It has been a joy to share just a little of your life and the lives of the other precious women whose words bring such encouragement and laughter and sometimes tears.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Precious post - and I have to check out the Celestial Seasonings you mentioned. Sounds like a wonderful way to end the day, esp if youre spending it with roly polys and mold....

Melissa Stover said...

hope you have a great thanksgiving day. sounds like the time alone to reflect has put it all off to a great start.

Ivey's Mom said...

No, not home yet. I will take the boys down to see Ivey today. Matt, my husband, is with her right now. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I love this,Erin! Your example of thanksgiving is an incredible witness to God's goodness...no matter how we *feel*,we can obey and enter His courts with thanksgiving in our hearts. You have displayed that so beautifully. God's joy is evident in your life...it is written all over your blog! Thanks for being an example to me! Happy Thanksgiving!

Donnetta said...

What a beautiful post of the "thankful blessings" in your life!

Hoping you are able to continue enjoying this Thanksgiving wekeend!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog. I just saw it today. Thanks for sharing.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved