Saturday, March 31, 2007

Deliver me, O Lord!!! :-)


Oh, how I long for the Lord's deliverance!! From this sinful world, but mostly right now, I long for His deliverance of this little one within me!! Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love being pregnant. I love carrying around my pregnant belly and feeling the little one move and grow and stretch inside of me. But, the deliverance takes the cake!! This is what it's all about - meeting the little one that you have carried for so long, the little miracle revealed in all his naked glory!! My brother's wife, Cecilia, gave me this t-shirt when she found out that I was pregnant with Elijah. It is my absolute favorite maternity shirt!!

I am feeling excited and ready!! Well, physically, I am not ready. There is still a lot to be done around our home. But, emotionally, I am ready! I can't wait. No one knows the day or the hour!!!! We just wait expectantly for him to let us know when he is ready, and I love that. I love the surprise!! My boy's "birth" days are 2 of my absolute favorite days that I have ever had the privilege of living!! Driving to the hospital, enduring great pain, all to hear the sweet blessed sound of a newborn crying! I love it, and I can't wait to do it again. Now, I am almost 35 weeks, so I still have a bit of a wait. But, I am feeling the desire welling up within me - the desire to hold him, the desire to see his little wrinkly body.


My body keeps giving me these little signals that things are moving along, that Elijah isn't willing to stay inside me forever. And, that is a good thing! When I feel a little twinge, it reminds me of the reality that lies ahead of me. The reality that this pregnancy will end, and a new little life will emerge! When I gave birth to Joshua, it was magical and wonderful, but there is something neat about consecutive births, too. Let me see if I can explain what I mean by that. . .


When I gave birth to Joshua, it was all new, this journey we were beginning. I didn't realize fully the blessing that had been given to me. Now, I understand that as adorable and wonderful as this infant is, he is and will be so much more. And, as much as I love him on the day of his birth, as much as I may feel that I could not possibly love him more than I do on that day, I will. I will love him more each day. I love each of my children more and more as their personalities and quirks are revealed to me as they grow. And, so my little heart wonders what Elijah will bring to our family. Will he be funny or tender, serious or just plain silly. Will he be a thinker or will he be carefree and layed back? Only God knows this little one He has created. And, only God knows when my day of deliverance will come!!! And, that is great with me.

11 comments:

Sara said...

Love the shirt. I hope the Easter play went well. Thinking of you guys and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I love the shirt.....your reminder makes me a little scared too... (i'm pregnant too)

Casey said...

Love that shirt! Your posts speak the emotion in my own heart. I am right there with you. My first is due almost any day now. :)

Erin Neiner said...

Awesome Shirt!! So clever! I am also learning how my love grows more each day I have with my boys. 3 little boys running around. what fun!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I also LOVE the shirt! I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has flown! I feel like you JUST found out that you were having a boy yesterday!! I loved this post, your boys are so incredibly lucky to have you as a mother. One who so obviously loves them and does her best by them!

Jennifer said...

Precious shirt. Erin- I have been so far behind on blog reading, I just went back through your last several posts. You are an INCREDIBLY gifted writer. Your posts speak to me. Thanks so much for sharing your gifts!

Sarah said...

My unofficial opinion is that he won't be a mix of the two boys, and that he won't be an opposite, but that he'll be something completely different! That's what we got, anyway!

Love the shirt :)

Deidre said...

Hi Erin! I've awarded you the 'Thinking Blog Award'. I love your blog!

Paula said...

What a GREAT shirt. I love it.

You are a precious mom and have such a way with words.

Kelly said...

I seconded Deidre's nomination on my blog!

Rachael said...

Hi! I found this post via google.com and wanted to ask where your friend got the shirt. I actually saw someone with this same shirt a while back and now that I am expecting again, I would LOVE to have one. I have not seen a cuter maternity shirt! Thanks for your help!!!
rachael.montgomery@gmail.com


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved