Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Best Birthday Present of All

I think it is every baby's favorite first birthday present. And, it is given to them not by a loved one, but rather it is given by the governing authorities of the state in which they reside.

It is the ability to turn around and face forward in their car seat!!!


Oh, glorious day!!


After staring at grey leather, a mirror, and the same old toys, Elijah was given a wonderful gift ~ a new perspective, a new view, the ability to see the DVD player & Mom easily, and most importantly the feeling of being part of the gang and not a prisoner confined to a backwards car seat! Yay!
And, here he is in all his big boy glory!
We drove 30 minutes to the mall yesterday afternoon, and Elijah smiled the entire way! Every time I turned around to check on him, He would grin a huge open mouth, gap teethed smile, wave excitedly, and say a breathless, "Hhhhhiiiieeee, Hhhhiiiieeee!"
Oh, happy day! And, to top it all off, after dinner, I split a cookies and cream milkshake from Chick-fil-a with him. And, I say split with hesitation because he virtually ate the whole thing!!! I snuck a sip in here and there while he fussed at me to give! it! back!!!! But, who can blame him! And, after all it was his birthday, so I selflessly obliged.

Could Mommy love you more?

I think not, sweet 'Lijah!!!

6 comments:

picturesofhisgrace said...

I couldn't help but think that JCT will be moving to the back really soon. Maybe Elijah can entertain the new baby. If you guys go for #5to complete the team, you will have to move to the big passenger van. What fun to see your family growing! Love you, karen

Cayce's crazy life said...

I absolutely love your blog. Having 20 & 18 year old daughters, I am loving my 9 month old boy!!!
Your blog mirrors everything I think and feel.
For the past month or so, I began anxiously awaiting the turning of the car seat! It cracks me up when you write things that are so real in my life!
It is sooooo much fun!!!
Cayce

John Deere Mom said...

My kids had the same car seats! Although I must say yours is much cleaner than mine ever were. My kids have grown right out of them though into booster seats. It was kind of sad getting rid of the last car seat.

Messy and Wonderful said...

I am looking forward to the day of forward facing for my little guy too. Funny how it's such a big deal to everyone!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

We have that same car seat that is now front facing. Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

i cannot wait for that, i hate having my little Little Wiseman (9 mo) backwards!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved