Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Six Days Without Biff Are Six Days Too Many

Last week around this time I realized that we were almost out of Bifferdoodle Decaf. I searched the pantry for another bag to no avail. We had exhausted our resources. We were out, completely and utterly out of our favorite coffee (aka the nectar of the gods and liquid gold). We have to order Biff's coffee online, so I knew that I would be without Biff for a few days. Get out the sackcloth and ashes.



Finally, last night I heard that sweet sound ~ the roar of a large truck in my driveway, a large brown truck with three lovely letters on it. I ran and put Rain up, glanced at myself in the mirror, primped a bit ~ oh, I jest. Anyway, with great anticipation and excitement I met the UPS man at the door. He came, just as I suspected, carrying a box chock full of Bifferdoodle decaf ~ 8 one pound bags (and, Biff being the doll that he is threw in an extra bag of his house blend!). I had to restrain myself because I am a married woman and all, but everything in me wanted to hug the darling man in brown carrying a box labeled "coffee" with a cute little picture of a steaming cup of joe on it. Instead I simply said, "I have been waiting for this!!!!" And, he had no idea how deeply I meant those words.



And, now I have just made my second pot today! I am a bit of an extremist! It must be some sort of phenomenon, but I can literally taste the cinnamon. When I have the great privilege of drinking Bifferdoodle day in and day out, I don't even notice all the wonderful flavors that make up the coffee that I love. This morning I poured my first cup of Bifferdoodle in nearly one week, and before taking that first sip, I just paused for a moment. I inhaled the glorious aroma, felt the warmth of the mug in my hands, and smiled to myself. Then, I lifted the mug to my mouth, and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Seriously. I don't know why, but I love this coffee. Instantly, I wished that Erik and I were alone on vacation, sipping this coffee ~ perhaps in the mountains somewhere with nothing to do but drink coffee and talk or read. Wouldn't that be nice? Oh, one day, maybe one day. . .

Until then, I will just take another sip and enjoy a somewhat quiet morning.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Mmmm.... I have been wanting to try this coffee since the last time you mentioned it on your blog. It sounds SO yummy, but I still haven't ordered any yet.

Coffee...vacation...alone with hubby...mountains... oh yeah, that sounds good!! Maybe someday!

Have a great day! Enjoy your coffee!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Yum. I frequently drink decaf all day long.

I used to be able to by Biff's coffe in a little grocery by our house in AR. It was cheap and good. But, Biff caught on and raised the price a couple of dollars. But, I still paid. I never thought of ordering online. Where do you do that?

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know where to get Biff's. Yum!

picturesofhisgrace said...

My UPS truck just delivered my bifferdoodle. I am cooling off right now, so I can crank the coffee pot up really soon. When you did this post, I decided it had been too long since I had a cup, so I ordered three bags. I love this coffee and of course I can't help but think of you when I drink it. Would love to share a cup with you. Love you, your karen


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved