Thursday, April 03, 2008

My Little Pocketful of Joy

JCT is a joy, an absolute joy to parent ~ even if he does throw the occasional temper tantrum ~ in public ~ when everyone is looking ~ but, that is beside the point. . .

Truly, he is a gem, and he melts my heart with ease.

Every night we sing a handful of songs, but we always end with the same two. If JCT takes a nap, he is wide awake when I hold him and sing to him at night. But, if he didn't take a nap, he is always near sleep by the time we sing the last song. He loves to be cradled in my arms instead of being held upright, thus allowing me the joy of watching him drift sweetly into peaceful sleep as I sing to him. And, every night he does the same cute little thing. . .

The song that we sing last begins like this: "Joshua, Mama's precious little boy. James Christofer, you always bring me so much joy. And, I'm so glad God gave my sweet boys to me. . ." JCT can appear to be sound asleep in my arms, but he never fails to come to life when I get to the line with his name in it. Just as I sing, "James Christofer," he takes his fingers out of his mouth, raises his sweet little hand, and with a huge grin says, "That's me!!" And, I choke back giggles as I continue singing, "you always bring me so much joy!"

I love that little man!

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

That's precious. My 15 month old, Zoe, gets sung to regularly too. We have 2 songs as well.

This week, however, she started wanting to be laid down in the crib, awake, to go to sleep.

So we have to sing our songs other times now. :( It saddens me becuase she's my last baby. And now she's growing up.

At least you'll get to do this again! That's so cool! :)

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I love how you express such delight with your little men.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved