Saturday, April 19, 2008

"Throwing" a ball party for our 'Lijah!!!


Joshua loved yellow rubber duckys. JCT loved frogs. And, sweet Elijah, loves anything round that bounces! So, we threw a ball party for him. We invited some of our favorite friends and family to bounce on over and celebrate the first year of Elijah's life with us! Elijah's birthday is not until next Thursday, but Pop and Grandma were in town so we celebrated a week early!







Joshua is my green boy. JCT my blue boy. And, Elijah's color is orange. So, I decided to make a soft orange basketball cake for him. Erik sent me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers for our anniversary the day before the party, and I used them as the centerpiece and inspiration for the icing colors!







My goal was to make all the food round - except for the gumbo. But, I guess the bowls we served the gumbo in were round, so maybe that counts for something! The chips were round. There were bowls of cheerios and trix, etc. I took the big boys shopping and asked them to help me find round food! Planning parites can be so much fun!



Sara and Grace!



The kids played in the front yard with lots of balls - which were the party favors.




Lovin' for Grace!



Pop and the star of the party!


And, for the moment we've all been waiting for. . .
The tasting of the cake. . .


Hmmm. . . What is this?

Mmmmm. . . I think I kinda like it. . .



Yes, definitely like this stuff. . .

You should try this, Daddy, it is really good!

Marcus, a.k.a. the clean up crew!

The Par-cakers. . .

And, a silly big brother!

We had a great time celebrating our little man, and I think he enjoyed himself, too. Happy day!

8 comments:

picturesofhisgrace said...

You are so creative! I always enjoy seeing the cakes, cookies, and cupcakes you make. I loved the basketball. My Aaron loves orange too. By the way, is his birthday the 24th? I didn't realize we had the same birthday.

Also, Hannah just saw the pictures of the azaleas and wanted to know where that was. Had to tell her that those are the shrubs we see during the fall/winter when we get to visit. She didn't recognize the spot because of all the blooms.

love you, karen

Deidre said...

How has it been a year already? Oh my word! That Elijah is so sweet I could just squeeze him.

I love the cake - so creative. You inspire me to try to make my own kids' cakes. I just don't know if I can get the TASTE right. Do you have a specific homemade recipe or do you use a box cake? I love your ideas.

Happy Birthday, Sweet Elijah!

Jen said...

I can't believe he is already 1...how sad! Looks like he had a happy birthday.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I am soooo impressed. We are celebrating our sons 1st birthday today. He turned one on Thur. He's a ducky boy, but I don't have anything really creative. I really love that ball cake.

Sunshine said...

You have such adorable little guys! What a neat idea with the ball shaped cake and the ball party favors - they look like they had a ton of fun! Happy Birthday to your little guy! Sunshine

Kim said...

Your cakes are so precious! What sweet memories your kids will have ;)

I see that adorable baby curl on Elijah's head in one of those pics! Don't you love them!!!

Cayce's crazy life said...

I love all the pictures! What an adorable idea to have a "ball" party! You inspire me to take pictures!!
Cayce

Jennifer said...

I love the kissy pictures!!! And that cake is unbelievable. I am so envious of your talent!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved