Saturday, October 16, 2010

Joshua' First 5K

Before the race. . .Lining up. . .
Joshua has been running with Erik off and on for a year or so now, but this was his first race experience. He had fun! And, so did I! JCT, Lije, and I saw them off and then headed to the heart of our small town's fall festival in search of a nutritious breakfast. . .

We thought this would do. . .

The boys very first funnel cake experience! Needless to say, they loved it!
As I waited for the man to make our funnel cake, I took in the sights and sounds of small town festival! I could smell the funnel cake cooking, and they had Johnny Cougar Mellencamp playing. It took me back. . . Way, way back. . .

But, then Erik Daniel started getting restless, and I quickly came back to the reality that I am not a small town teenage girl anymore! I am a mom x 5!!! How did that happen???

So, Erik and Joshua came in one right after the other. Here is Erik. . .

And, look at my little runner of a son!!!!! He never quit, never stopped to walk! He ran the entire 3 miles like a champ. They had 27 minute, ?? second time!!! So, so good for a first run!!!! Yay! Go Joshua!

I'm beaming with pride, little man!!!!

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved