Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Get So Emotional, Baby!!!

I'm claiming the pregnancy thing. It is a fine excuse if ever there was one!

Today I was reading to my boys over lunch. I was reading about the Alamo. My boys absolutely LOVE history. I had no idea that they would love it so much, but they totally get into it!! I guess it is because history is full of wars and battles and men of courage and honor. They eat it up!! It is a good thing that history was, hands down, one of my absolute favorite subjects!!

I digress, I was reading to them about the Alamo and the War with Mexico. And, I just started bawling. I couldn't read through my tears. (My boys are used to this. I cry over many of the books we read. In fact, Joshua can do a good impression of me saying, "This makes me cry!!!")

Sorry, sidetracked again! So, I made it through the actual battle of Alamo which is just so amazing in and of itself. The courage of those men floors me! But, it was the next paragraph about Samuel Houston leading less than 800 men into battle against 1300 Mexicans.

"Men, there is the enemy," said brave General Houston. "Do you wish to fight?"

"We do," they all shouted.

"Charge on them, then, for liberty or death! Remember the Alamo!"

"Remember the Alamo!" they cried, as they rushed onward with the courage of lions.

With tears streaming down my face, I continued on in my reading. The boys hung on every word. Good stuff!! In case you have forgotten, let me remind you. . .

Depending on the history book (they give varying amounts, but all similar) there were 175-200 Americans attacked at the Alamo (including Davy Crockett and James Bowie). They were attacked by a group of over 6,000 Mexicans. They fought for 13 days!!!!! In the end, every American died. Talk about courage. Okay, enough history for now! Can't promise I won't bring it up again, though! I'm loving it!!!

Okay, where was I?? Yes, I'm an emotional train wreck!! So, I was completing a music appreciation assignment with the boys. They are studying Brahms, and we were to listen to various versions of his lullaby on the computer. One had a slideshow of baby pictures, and I started bawling. Joshua looked over at me, "Mom, why are you crying?" I said between teary gasps, "It (sob, sob) makes me want a (sob, sob) baby!!!" He put his arm around me reassuringly and said, "But, mom you are going to have a baby." I'm a mess, I tell you, a mess!!!

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved