Monday, February 28, 2011

Downtime Gratitude. . .




My heart overflows. . .

*  For this time of year ~ windows open cool breezes flowing through the house.

*  For downtime with my oldest son.  Time to play UNO and Go Fish, to read aloud, to draw and paint, to sit together and do schoolwork, to sleep close by, to hear his little sleepy breaths, to be there when he needs me. . .  This has been such a blessing in the midst of something not fun.  I love being his mom.  I am so thankful.

*  For a doctor husband.  I don't have to be the bad guy and tighten the braces.  And, when Joshua scared me silly the other night by waking up, but yet not being really awake, shaking all over, speaking only in incoherent mumbles (until Erik asked him the capital of Iowa, and he very clearly answered Des Moines at which point Erik deemed him fine), I was so thankful to have a resident physician to look after him.  I was ready to call 911.



*  The trash talk between my older two!  Somehow it came up that Joshua wouldn't be able to play basketball for a while.  So, JCT said in a very threatening manner, "Well, I'm gonna be training hard over the next 4-5 weeks practicing my moves!!"  Like watch out, big bro, I'm going to be ready for you when you get back to playing!  To which Joshua quickly replied, "Well, I'll be watching basketball on TV over the next 4-5 weeks, and then I'm going to apply all my moves on you!"  Daddy loved this!!  He let out one of his deep belly laughs as he listened to his two big boys go back and forth.  I am so thankful for the relationship between these two little boys.  I pray God grows it richer and deeper year after year.

*  For a windy, rainy day.  For the peace that filled my home as we slowly worked through a day of school.  No rush.  No hurry.  Just four boys and one mama making it work.

*  For grace that covers all that I lack, all that I long to be, but seem unable to meet the standard.  For grace that holds me firmly in His hands, never letting me go.

*  For the hope of spring.  The green in the grass that is just beginning to arise from peaceful slumber.  For daffodils and lilies slowly making their way up and out ~ spring life surrounded by the dead leaves of winter.  A reminder of God's faithfulness throughout the seasons of the year and the seasons of our lives.


No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved