Monday, August 04, 2008

The Great Pie War!!!!!

This idea was inspired by the Backyardigan's movie Samurai Pie. The big boys watched it this morning, and afterward my kitchen became a flurry of activity.



"Mom, can you make us chef hats."



"Mom, we need towels wrapped around us and tied with string."



"Mom, we need spoons and bowls. We need to make pies."



"Mom, what can we make pies with?"



"Mom, do you wanna make pies. Say 'Yes, I wanna make pies.'"



Shortly after they began "making pies" Joshua had this brilliant idea. . .



"Mom can we make pies tonight when Daddy comes home. . . And, then can we throw them at his face?"



I thought it sounded like a wonderful idea. And, my refrigerator just happened to house a full container of Cool Whip. How convenient!



So, here are my little Samurai pie makers. . .




When Daddy got home from work, he immediately went outside to work in the yard. In my estimation this was perfect. He could get messy and it wouldn't matter. . .



Words cannot describe how excited Joshua was about this. He talked about it all day, planning his every move. He could not contain his excitement!!! And, finally it was time.



So, here come the little pie throwers. . .





Getting ready to throw the first pie. . .



Got him!



And, now it was JCT's turn. . .



After the boys finished throwing their pies, Daddy turned around and threw what was left on them. Joshua thought this was great fun! But, JCT was not so sure about it!!!




Sweet memories. . .

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You guys are such a neat family! Joshua looks absolutely delighted in that last picture!

Deidre said...

Ha! That is so funny. I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at JCT's face in the last picture - bless his heart. What a fun day!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved