Sunday, August 03, 2008

For Love of Coffee. . .

I woke up this morning with visions of coffee cups dancing in my head. I was a bit on the sleepy side, and even though I drink decaf something about the taste of coffee seems to perk me up! As I took my shower, I thought about the coffee Erik was brewing in the kitchen. (Erik believes that the man should brew the coffee. One of his patients told him that it was biblical - He-brews!)

Anyway, I could almost smell it. . .

But, when I got out of the shower, Erik informed me that the coffee maker wasn't working.

Excuse me. What did you say?

"The light is on. It looks like it should be working, but it won't do anything."

Oh, me, this was not good.

I could here Biff calling my name, beckoning me to come drink of his cup!

So, I attempted. I unplugged and replugged. I turned the switch on and off 50+ times.

Nothing.

We debated going to Wal-Mart to get a new one asap. But, instead, I had a brilliant idea. We could make "homemade coffee." How fun! And, so we did.

I heated water on the stove top in my tea kettle. Once the tea kettle started to sing, I poured the hot water over the coffee filter ever so slowly while Erik held it still. And oila', in no less than thirty minutes we had brewed almost an entire pot of coffee.

Teamwork.

Here is a picture of what two desperate coffee lovers will do for their morning cup!





And, now, I am on my way to pick out a new coffee maker! Making "homemade coffee" was fun, but I wouldn't want to do it everyday, or anyday soon for that matter.

5 comments:

Rae said...

So ingenious! I don't drink coffee myself but LOVE the aroma!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

LOL! Desperate times call for desperate measures. I came over from Vitam to Big Mama to you :) I feel the same way about decaf! I always laugh about it, but it is so true! Where did you hear of Biff...decaf coffee and what makes it so good??
www.thefelts.blogspot.com

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Wow... I would have never thought of doing that:).

Terri said...

LOL This just tickles me. I actually did the same thing when a hurricane came thru and took out our electric. Praise God for gas stoves. I was still able to have my coffee!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved