Monday, August 04, 2008

Perfect Timing. . .

Have you ever gotten a gift at just the right time. Just when you needed it most, it came.


That happened to me today.


This week is FULL, full of everything. . .


Wednesday is Joshua's first day of kindergarten. Enough said. High emotion.


Thursday Jason, Jen, Caleb, Katey, and Abby are coming for a visit.


And, after they leave, we will soon have a baby. So, I am trying to get all my "nesting" done before they arrive. And, at the same time, I am trying to fill Joshua's last two days at home chock full of fun and happy things.


Needless to say, I am crazy, emotional, and a little bit stressed.


So, when the florist came to my door this afternoon carrying these. . .




I almost hugged her and cried on her shoulder, but I didn't. I held it together.


I made it to the kitchen where I read the card which said, "To make you fly this week. Love, Sara." And, it was at that point that I broke down and cried and cried and cried. Then, I called Sara who was in clinic seeing patients, and I left her a blubbery teary message on her voicemail thanking her for making my day.


And, again, I say, Thanks, Sara!

1 comment:

HW said...

How beautiful - the thought, the deed, the sender, the flowers...

I have just caught up on your last few posts and decided I need to stop reading your blog; you make me miss the little years so very much; especially my little redheaded boy who will be a junior in high school later this month.
I love to see mothers enjoying these years.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved