Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Sweet Little Mystery. . .

There is a sweet little mystery lying just beneath my skin, a sweet, sweet mystery. He kicks and pokes and prods. He hiccups and stretches and wiggles. Just beneath my skin he lays, curled tightly in a ball, and I love him. And, although I have not yet seen him, he makes me smile. And, wonder, oh, how he makes me wonder. . .

Yesterday evening as I was having a few little contractions, I looked at my sons. I looked at Joshua, JCT, and Elijah and as I looked at them individually I thought about each of their "birth" days. I thought about the mystery that they were to me on that day. I would stare into their sweet newborn faces and wonder who exactly I was holding. What did God have up His sleeve for each of their little lives. And, over the years the mystery has begun to unfold revealing unique and precious personalities. Uniquenesses that will allow them to be exactly who God called them to be, to do the things that God has called them to do, to touch the lives that God has called them to touch. I love dreaming about it. . .

As I am sitting at the computer pondering all these things, I am 4 cm. dilated. One thing is for certain. . . the mystery will soon begin to unfold before my eyes. There is no delaying it! He is on his way. His little journey into this big world has slowly begun. Soon the sweet little mystery lying beneath my skin will become the sweet little mystery lying on my chest.

13 comments:

Leanne said...

that was such a beautiful post.....

Deidre said...

So sweet. I pray you have a safe, healthy delivery. I can't wait to 'meet' the new addition. What a fun house you will have!

Paige said...

How precious! Praying your delivery will be safe and speedy. I cannot wait to see pictures of the new little one.

KM said...

Godspeed precious baby boy. Praying for a safe, peaceful delivery.

Kristi in Texas

Bree said...

I'm not sure if I've ever posted but I've been blessed by your blog for a long time:) Praying for the Lord's hand upon your labor and delivery and the precious meeting of this sweet son He has blessed you, your husband and his big brothers with!
God bless you-how exciting!
Mama to 3 boys:)
Bree

jeni said...

I am so excited for you!! Can't wait to see your little one. I will say, though, that I was 6 cm dilated for the last month of my pregnancy and ended up being 9 days late! I thought he would fall out! lol

Sarah said...

Erin, you are always so blessed to have those boys early! I hope this delivery goes as smoothly as all the rest, and that you're meeting eyes with your newest little man soon!!

Sending love,
me

Manda said...

So excited for you, Erin! I do pray that it's a beautiful, peaceful birth. I look forward to seeing photos of your little one. We're still waiting on our little girl to arrive. It could be tomorrow...or it could be a few weeks from now... But we do look forward to meeting our little mystery. :)

Kim said...

What an exciting time! Prayers for a beautiful delivery! I know you all are so excited to welcome this precious boy into your loving family ;)

Sunshine said...

I am SO excited for you and your sweet family - even though I do not know you personally I follow your blog and just adore your Momma heart! I check daily (sometimes more than once :) ) to see if your sweet arrival has made an appearance! We will be praying for your family! Sunshine

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

I stopped by to check and see if your new little man had yet made his arrival. I'll be praying.

Vanessa said...

ohhh good luck! I am excited for you!!


be sure to comment on my giveaway to win! http://www.inevergrewup.net

Lori said...

Just checking in to see if your sweet one has arrived yet. Praying for you!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved