Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Magical Christmas Eve. . .

Wow! Have we been busy here at the old homestead!!! My goal is to finish off my Christmas posts today, so that I can start posting about things that are happening now instead of three weeks ago!!!!


Christmas eve morning we woke up to my silly brother ready to make breakfast for everyone!!! Here he is with Miss Avery. . .

His specialty. . . M&M pancakes. . .


My little chef-to-be. . .


My brother loves to grill on his Green Egg. If you haven't seen a Green Egg, it looks exactly like you would expect it to look ~ a large green egg!! Anyway, Kelly grilled us a yummy moist and juicy turkey on his Green Egg. . .



Cecilia made the most amazing homemade peppermint ice cream! I kinda staked my claim on it and ate the majority of it!!!! Yummo! Elijah opted for chocolate. . .



And, now for the magical part. . . The weathermen confirmed that snow was headed our way! So, we made a quick run to Target before the rain turned to sleet then snow! I bought boots for me and the boys, so that we could play, play, play and not worry about wet tennies!!!


Kelly has a Santa suit he bought when his girls were little. He uses it often for his friends. They'll call and ask him to walk around their yard, so their kids can giggle and squeal! Kelly eats it up! So, of course, he offered, and we accepted. As Erik and I were tucking the boys in, Cecilia, Peyton, and Avery ran up the stairs and into the room where the boys were going to sleep. They were giddy and excited saying that Santa! Was! Outside!!!! Cecilia threw open the window and began yelling to Santa who was walking around in the front yard. This is what the scene looked like ~ with the snow beginning to fall. . .

The boys watched as Santa left something on the doorstop, waved, smiled, and walked to where he could no longer be seen. Everyone ran down to see what Santa left for them. . .





Peyton and Avery wrote the note and picked out the happy from Santa during our trip to Target! After all the excitement we all lingered downstairs a little bit longer. . .

The boys wrote notes to Santa. Here is Joshua's. I thought it was so sweet because he mentioned his Grandma. . .



After a little cuddling, the boys headed back up to bed. . .


So much fun awaits them. . .

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved