Sunday, December 20, 2009

Waiting for Pop. . .

"Mommy, when will Pop be here?" he asked for the 17th time in the last 20 minutes.

"In about 3 hours." I answered for the 17th time in the last 20 minutes.

"Mommy, is that a long time?"

"Not really, Baby."

"Is it longer than 40 minutes?"

"Oh, yes, Baby 3 hours is much longer than 40 minutes. There are 60 minutes in an hour, and. . ."

He cuts me off exasperated, "Pop will never be here! He will never ever be here! It is taking too long, Mommy!"

"Why don't you lay down in my bed and take a nap? That will make the time pass faster and before you know it, Pop will be here!"

"No." he said and returned to his post ~ standing by the backdoor looking out the window. At one point he swore to me that he could see Pop's truck coming ~ even though Pop was at least 300 miles away at the time! Several minutes passed and I began busying myself with work around the house. I was focused on meal preparations and tidying up when Erik asked from the family room, "Where is JCT?" I stopped what I was doing and began looking. It didn't take long to find him asleep on the bench by the backdoor.
Too afraid he might miss out on Pop's arrival, he couldn't take a nap in my room! No, he had to sleep right by the backdoor, so he would be right there ready to hug Pop's sweet neck when he walked into our home! His backpack for a pillow, there lay my JCT all snuggled up tight in a ball. . .


Pop is loved! That is for sure by a whole gang of red headed boys!

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Oh, so sweet. Pope is loved for sure :)

Merry Christmas, Erin!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved