Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Happy from Jesus

Well, this almost never happens! Here I sit with three little ones asleep and one at school. I am virtually alone! JCT is laying on the couch next to me taking a nap and making the sweetest little sleepy noises you have ever heard!

The last few weeks have been rush-rush-hurry-hurry weeks for our family, and this week was going to be the pinnacle of the craziness. But, enter illness, and the world stops. Suddenly, all those plans come to a screeching halt! All the christmas happies, goodies, gifts, and parties don't matter so much as kissing the sweet forehead of your sick little one! I am enjoying the downtime ~ a little reprieve from the holiday busyness. Soon enough we will back to the busyness of life.

As I write I am looking at December out the window. There is a cold wind blowing through the trees out back. It looks frigid out there ~ the sky is cloudy white and the trees have been stripped bare. Usually I am so sad when the leaves fall, but this year, for some reason, I am loving winter! Yesterday was unseasonably warm, and I missed the cold! There is something about sunshine that makes me feel alive and active, and that is great! But, I love the calm of winter. When it is overcast and cold, I am more likely to sip coffee, read, and do quiet things. And, quiet things are my favorite things to do, therefore, I am so happy!

Coughing babies on the monitor, softly playing Christmas music, the hum of the boy's sound machines, and JCT's sweet sleepy noises fill the air, and I am content, peaceful, and happy! Thank You, Jesus, for a few quiet minutes today! What a great happy!

1 comment:

Deidre said...

You are speaking my language right now - I love the calm. It seems I am craving it right now more than ever with Eric traveling so much. We've been through so much the past 3 months and I am so ready for a break during the holidays :)

Hope your baby is feeling better soon :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved