Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Remembering Retia. . .

This was written by a close family friend on the one year anniversary of Erik's mama's leaving us and going home to be with Jesus. . .

Remembering Retia

She filled a room with her sunshine, mirroring Christ
I always felt like I was important
Her prayers, her interest

Made me feel special, a player

She always asked how you were
She meant her question
If you answered flippantly
She accepted that and accorded you respect

She was inquisitive about life
People genuinely interested her
She didn't hide her feelings
Her thoughts about you were always for good

I miss her today
As I honor her passing
A saint if there ever was one
She truly inspired thoughts about Jesus

Her husband is my best friend
He still feels the pain of her untimely death
Each day without her sunshine
His ache increases and shows in his face

Her children are honorable, Godly men
Both raising children to be followers of Christ
They married wives like their mother
Beautiful, filled with the sunshine of Jesus

A wonderful family that misses their matriarch
She is celebrated today
Her life inspires me, it calls me to the best in me
Retia Dukes was an original now home with Christ

by Clay Corvin

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Praying for each of you, with much love.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved